Report Wildlife Crime

Let's try and stop wildlife crime together!

The Boaring Truth team work very closely with Gloucestershire Constabulary who have a dedicated rural crime team.

You can now submit any non-urgent suspicious circumstances via our Report Wildlife Crime Form and we will ensure the right people see it. For crimes in action PLEASE CALL 999.

From the information you submit the Police can build up a pattern of intelligence to help plan future wildlife crime operations. Please note, and be assured, whilst you may not see immediate action ALL reports really do make a difference in helping keep more wild animals safe from harm.

Your information, and all reports, will be treated with the utmost confidence and will remain between us and the Police.


Other Ways of Reporting Wildlife Crime

If you witness a suspected wildlife crime in action call 999 immediately and ask for the police.

For all other enquiries call your local Police on 101. Alternatively, contact your local Police Force directly you can find your local force here ->

Advice from Gloucestershire Constabulary

What do I do now?

If a wildlife crime is in progress:

  • call 999
  • give an accurate location if possible
  • do not put yourself or anyone else in danger
  • observe what is happening and give full details to the call-taker (eg descriptions, car registration numbers)
  • make notes if possible
  • make yourself available to speak to the attending officer
  • act on the instructions of the call-taker

If you suspect that a wildlife crime has taken place:

  • call the police on the 101 non-emergency number
  • give an accurate location if possible
  • preserve any evidence if possible
  • make yourself available to the attending officer 

What happens next?

The incident will be fully investigated by, or with the assistance of Rural and Environmental Crime Liaison Officers (RECLOs).

Officers may make house-to-house enquiries in an attempt to trace witnesses.

A witness appeal may be made through the media. In certain circumstances, a newspaper, or radio station or TV station may wish to interview you. Requests are usually made through the Constabulary press office. It is your decision whether you accept or decline the offer speak to them.

If an arrest is made, the offender is likely to be prosecuted and you may be required to be a witness at court. Information on attending court as a witness can be found here

What else can I do?

Keep informed about the types of wildlife crime that can be committed and don't ignore any suspicious activity. 

Follow our guidelines if you suspect a wildlife crime is taking place. 

If you prefer to report anonymously, please contact Crimestoppers.  Content

National Wildlife Crime Unit -

National Wildlife Crime Unit -

Help us Help Wild Boar

 Your support and contributions will enable us to carry on helping wild boar and see them secure their spot back in the wilds of the UK.